Start a new topic
Answered

H264 Encode Recommendations

Hi,

I'm having mixed results getting my picture files to play back.. Do you have a recommendation on the frame size and data rate for the h264 to play back well in the VR Player?

Thanks!

Rich

Best Answer

Don't think I've pushed the data rate too high but definitely run it with 30Mbps plus video so it should handle most things. 

We are definitely aware of the need for high frame size support as well as sterescopic file support but that most likely will not come during this beta phase. 

ffmpeg -i inputvideofile.mp4 -filter:v "crop=in_w:in_h/2:in_w:in_h/2" -crf 0 -an outputvideofile.mp4

Will keep the top half of a stereoscopic image and drop audio tracks if that helps you at all. 

Monoscopic Equirectangular projection

1920x1080 

H264 Codec 

NO AUDIO TRACKS

Thanks - I was just matching frame size from the 3840x1920 source which was probably killing it.

Should I need to limit the data rate at all or should it handle pretty much anything I throw at it?

Rich

Answer

Don't think I've pushed the data rate too high but definitely run it with 30Mbps plus video so it should handle most things. 

We are definitely aware of the need for high frame size support as well as sterescopic file support but that most likely will not come during this beta phase. 

ffmpeg -i inputvideofile.mp4 -filter:v "crop=in_w:in_h/2:in_w:in_h/2" -crf 0 -an outputvideofile.mp4

Will keep the top half of a stereoscopic image and drop audio tracks if that helps you at all. 

Great, thanks, that's very useful!

Rich

Login to post a comment