Start a new topic
Answered

Using VR Player on Android

Hello!!

We are trying to playback our mix using Dolby VR Player for Android but the player doesn't show any videos. 

We have followed this guide: http://developerdownload.dolby.com/docs/Dolby_Atmos_VR_Player_Guide.pdf

Is there any other guide or manual? 

• We have uploaded our mp4 videos and json files to the Download folder, also to the Oculus Videos folder and to the com.dolby.gearvr_player folder, but nothing shows up.
  • The video format we have tried is a stereoscopic h264 at 1920x960 muxed using an ec3 file from the renderer. Also, we tried with a h265 at 4096x2048 but I read that the player is not compatible with files larger than 1920x1080 (is that correct?)
  • For the json file, I just created a txt file with notepad and then renamed the extension to json.

Any ideas why it's not working?

Thank you!

Best Answer
Hi, Couple of ideas here... For starters, the device must be whitelisted For use with the app, otherwise it will render audio only. To do this, you must provide Dolby with the Hardware Serial of the device. You can obtain the serial using a free app like Android Device ID. Once you get the hardware serial email it to: vrcontent(at)dolby.com Also, the video files (and accompanying json) should be placed in a folder named Dolby. You will need to create this folder if it doesn't already exist. H.264, 1920x960 should be fine once the above issues are addressed. Sheldon

Answer
Hi, Couple of ideas here... For starters, the device must be whitelisted For use with the app, otherwise it will render audio only. To do this, you must provide Dolby with the Hardware Serial of the device. You can obtain the serial using a free app like Android Device ID. Once you get the hardware serial email it to: vrcontent(at)dolby.com Also, the video files (and accompanying json) should be placed in a folder named Dolby. You will need to create this folder if it doesn't already exist. H.264, 1920x960 should be fine once the above issues are addressed. Sheldon

1 person likes this

Thanks a lot Sheldon!! 

Creating the "Dolby" folder solved the problem of seeing the file. Now apparently the phone is not whitelisted, because it plays the audio but not the video (I see a pink screen) I will check with Dolby, because I thought they already did it.

Best,

Login to post a comment