Start a new topic

Atmos MXF mux to mp4

Our studio just finished doing an Atmos mix for a mobile company client. The MXF is to be sent to dolby for checking and once it's been approved we'll also be doing a DCP for the project, as well as an mp4 with atmos sound to be played using an atmos soundbar. Our dolby contact pointed us to Avid Atmos production suite and the dolby media producer suite, both of which we have already bought. 

I just want to know how to go about the workflow here once the MXF has been approved. I assume we then pass it through the dolby media production suite to have Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Digital Plus and then Mux it to mp4. 

I would also like to what to use for muxing the audio into mp4. What do you guys use? 

Hi,  A transport stream (.ts) might be able to be sideloaded to a soundbar but an mp4 would be a better bet.

For getting Atmos as Dolby Digital Plus with Atmos Content as encoded by Dolby Media Producer in a .ts you'd need to use the DMG-HLS component of the Dolby Media Generator Video version and set the chunk duration to "infinity" to get a .ts file of the entire content.    I can forward this request to our office in Singapore who'd be the ones that would have to process this request for an evaluation as it is not available via dealers.

Thank you. Dolby singapore agreed to give us 6month eval copy for dmg. I assume I still need media producer to convert to ec3 before using dmg?

Question - can the Dolby Media Producer encode to any 4K video formats? We're attempting to produce 4K Video content with Dolby Atmos audio. 

Hi Raheem,   Dolby Media Producer encodes audio only.   Muxing with video to .ts,  .mp4, or fragmented formats requires other applications.     

Thank you, AJP.  Would it be ok for me to email you some specific questions about this?

Login to post a comment