Start a new topic

Porting the Dolby Atmos Production Suite to Windows/VST3

Hi everybody, I'm new here . . . [smiles and waves]

I've read the KB notes stating that the Dolby Atmos Production Suite is "only available for Pro Tools on macOS at this time."

[sighs]

I'm making what I suppose is the ultimate 'feature request' — namely, a full porting of the Suite and all related production tools over to Windows 10, for use with Cubase/Nuendo, Davinci Resolve, Reaper, &c.

Is such a major undertaking even under consideration?

I'll be happy to beta-test, if and when the time comes......................

Thanks!!

— Alan

Thanks Adam.

I and others will watch for any developments.

I'd prefer to use the Apple money to buy more product from Dolby...

Kind regards

Richard

Hi Richard,  Valid points all.   I'll raise this with the Product Manager but as it stands there are no plans for this now.   Thanks,   Adam

The question is WHY isn't the Dolby Atmos Production Suite available for Windows.

Since the Local Renderer came to market and morphed into DAPS, the Pro Tools platform usage has changed considerably. What was in 2016, 68% Mac vs 24% PC, in 2019, 67% PC vs 30% Mac.

67% PC!

As has been mentioned by others, the Mastering Suite is PC based, so compiling DAPS for the Windows platform is a possibility. 

Surely Dolby want their platform to be accessible to as many creatives as possible, yet currently Windows audio pros who wish to mix in Atmos are being forced to buy Apple hardware just to use a $300 app. That's a crazy state of affairs.

So, again, why isn't DAPS available for Windows audio pros?

Pro Tools Expert : Pro Tools Usage Survey
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2019/2/7/pro-tools-users-abandoning-apple-mac-for-microsoft-windows-new-poll-shows-alarming-results

Hi.   Apologies for the delay.   At present there is no plan to release the Dolby Atmos Production Suite for Windows.

Adam

Dear Dolby, I would really like to know if you are planning to release the Dolby Atmos Production Suite for windows. It is currently the only reason I am still using a trashcan mac pro and not upgrading to a “current / not outdated” spec’d PC. I seem to understand the RMU is basically a PC which makes me think it must be quite easy to port as most of the code is already available...? More and more people around me are switching back to running Pro Tools on Windows to take advantage if current CPU’s which makes even more sense considering the huge number of tracks we have to deal with during an Atmos mix. I would also be happy to beta test! Please let us know, Thanks! Morgan Bennett

Dear all,

Being also in a Windows ecosystem, I was wondering when/if a PC port of DAPS would happen?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Ardem

Login to post a comment