Start a new topic

Dolby Audio Bridge Install Not Installing

Anyone know of / had issues with getting the Audio Bridge Installed ? It appears to install fine but then is not present when you restart the system.

OS - 10.13.6

Pro Tools - 2019.10

Attempted full uninstall & install multiple times. Possible System Extension blocking?

1 person has this question

Hi Ben,

This has come up before and I'll create a bug for this.  In the interim please try these step:

• Trash Library/Extensions/DolbyAudioBridge.kext 
  •  Restart 
  •  Re-install including Dolby Audio Bridge 
  •  Restart
Let me know if this addresses the issue.   Also please provide the system information from "about this mac."

Thanks,
Adam

Thanks Adam,

Interestingly that .kext file is not present ? Could it be something blocking Extensions installing in the Mac OS ?

Ben

When running the installation does anything come up in System Preferences/Security & Privacy/General asking you to grant permissions?

Thanks,

Adam

No .. The installation completes Successfully with no warning messages

Hi Ben,

My bad.  To clarify the DolbyAudioBridge.Kext is in Macintosh HD/Library/Extensions and not Macintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions

Can you verify that it isn't present in the proper location and if it is repeat the steps above.

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks Adam, Did The above steps which didn't work. 

About This Mac

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac17,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 32 GB

Boot ROM Version: IM171.0157.B00

SMC Version (system): 2.33f10

OS - 10.13.6

Ok.  Thanks for info.  In addition to the above please try deleting the Applications/Dolby/Dolby Atmos Renderer folder and the Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Dolby/Dolby Atmos Renderer folder.

This will get as close to a clean slate as possible.   Thanks for going through these steps.   If this doesn't work it is helpful information in trying to get this resolved.   And also just to verify this is the version 3.3 installer correct?  

Confirmed completion of the steps above & still nothing. Yes I'm using Installer 

DolbyAtmosRenderer-3.3.0-5195857.dmg

Hi Ben,   Thanks for the information.   Per the documentation the Atmos Production Suite was tested on the following:

MacBook Pro 15,1; Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz 16 GB macOS Mojave 

MacBook Pro 15,1; Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz 16 GB macOS High Sierra 

MacBook Pro 11,5; Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM macOS Sierra 

Mac Pro 6,1; 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 3.5 GHz, 32 GB RAM macOS High Sierra

I'm not sure why this is an issue with the iMac.  I will escalate this and reply as soon as I have any information.

Thanks,

Adam

1 person likes this

Thanks Adam, Appreciated. 

FYI - We have multiple workstations and are currently experiencing this issue on two iMac systems

Hi Adam and Ben... don't want to hijack but to simply add, I'm seeing the exact same behaviour here as you Ben. Installer runs correctly / kext file present / but no AudioBridge apparent within Atmos Renderer app or from within PT.    I've run the same tests / fixes you've suggested Adam but thus far - no luck.  Would you like me to log another thread with system specs in it? If not, basic system spec below...

Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10

McaPro (mid 2012)

OSX 10.13.6

2 x 3.46 GHZ 6-Core Intel Xeon

64GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5870 

Installer is the same as Ben: DolbyAtmosRenderer-3.3.0-519587.dmg

Cheers 

Tom

1 person likes this

Hi Ben and Tom,

After internal discussion and some research it seems that this is likely OS related rather than the installer itself or specific to hardware.  I've seen a number of other threads online on various forums about the same issue with other applications where the kernel extension approval either doesn't appear during install or appears but the 30 minutes for approval has elapsed and approval isn't possible.   There is a brute force was to do this wherein "you can turn off the security feature requiring user approval of kernel extensions"  Searching on this will bring up the way to do this.   If you choose to try this proceed cautiously as this has security implications for your Mac but it could be a step to try.   

For Mojave the Renderer also need to be given access to the Microphone in System Preferences/Security and Privacy.    

Best,

Adam

The less obtrusive sudo kextload /path/to/kext.kext or kextutil may also do the trick but should likewise be treated cautiously.

Adam

Cheers for that Adam (and Co).

Definitely a system/OS issue... ran the "sudo kextload ..." terminal command and got a "system policy prevents loading" response as per...

Last login: Tue Nov 19 10:56:18 on console

Mix-Theatre-Dubber:~ dubber$ sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/DolbyAudioBridge.kext 

Password:

/Library/Extensions/DolbyAudioBridge.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) system policy prevents loading; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Mix-Theatre-Dubber:~ dubber$ 

Login to post a comment