Start a new topic

Feature requests 2020

Hey guys, with 2020 now being a reality, let's see what we can get better on the HT Atmos workflow.

I'll start:

• PLEASE give us custom adjustable TruPeak-limiters on the ReRender-Outputs!
  • Please a graphical way to trim the Atmos master files to ensure perfect lip sync! If that is not an option, include sub-frame adjustability to the conversion tool.
  • PLEASE bring back the VR functionality!!!!!! I know that the business model for it is difficult, but for a facility to consider moving to AC-4, it's important to be able to have the whole package (HDR, immersive audio, spatial audio) being covered. (Hint, hint).
  • Please offer a way to mux an AADM WAV file to a MOV container (or similar). Currently storing Atmos assets in a big MAM is a PITA.
  • Anything else?

Best,
Sebastian from Red Bull.

Hi Adam,

Yeah...  After working with DAPS for a day I realize that.

But now I would pay more money to get a 1 to 1 input to output feature.

I was so excited to see the Dolby Atmos Production Suite have 130x130 i/o.

It is such a waste to the environment to turn a dante stream into an Digilink stream into a Thunderbolt stream.  Such a waste.

Thank you for your time.

Kindest of regards

Eric Slaughter

Hi Eric,   The Audio Bridge can't be used 1:1 for input and output.  The intended workflow for using the Renderer software on a separate computer is to use the Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite running on a qualified workstation with qualified I/O.   While you may well be able to get other solutions to function they'd be unsupported.

Adam

Hi Adam,

I am running tests with 2 different computers.

I can get all 64 channels into renderer via Dante or Protools.

It appears the Renderer is only outputting 12 channels of the 64.

The 12 channels are of course the speakers. 

Anyway to just us the Dolby audio bridge as a 1 to 1 bridge?

Dante DVS 1 to Dolby audio bridge 1?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

regards

Eric

Hi Eric,

The Dolby Audio Bridge as a Pro Tools playback engine is designed exclusively to get audio (up to 130 tracks)  to the Dolby Atmos Production Suite renderer.    If you wanted to use DVS for the Renderer output you certainly can.

If you want to use DVS for Pro Tools I/O I believe you are going to be track limited.  

Best,

Adam

Hi Adam,

All I want to do is get 64 channels of Audinate DANTE in and out of ProTools.

130 in and out would be ideal.  anything is better than 32.

I was hoping the Dolby Atmos Production Suite would allow that.

Anyway of just doing a simple one to one transfer.

Also adding a return trip?

Audio input device: Dante Virtual Soundcard to Dolby Audio Bridge

Dolby Audio Bridge to Dante Virtual Soundcard or to HD Native for playback?

Kind regard

Eric Slaughter

Hi Sebastian,

Do you anticipate the use of IMF or just MXF in your MAM in the future or do you foresee the ongoing use QT (.mov)?   The Renderer can output IAB.mxf and there are mastering tools coming on the market that will be able to master to IMF and MXF.

Yup you did :).  

Best,

Adam

Hi Adam,

happy New Year to you as well. Yes, I am in conversation with other folks at bigger companies who have similar requests. Maybe they will join the discussion here.

As for the MAM-issue, our workflow for asset storage is that we store a 'master file' which in our case mostly is a ProRes422HQ with 20 audio channels from which all distribution files are generated on demand. If the audio part is stored separately from the video essence a whole can of worms can (and does) explode. Multiple UIDs for the same program, immersive audio getting lost or content managers not being aware that there actually IS an immersive mix, missing links between the essences, wrong metadata etc. etc.

Did I already mention to PLEASE bring back the VR functionality? :)

Hi Sebastian,

Happy New Year!   Thanks for the feedback.   A few of these have been voiced by a number of folks.   Others are new.   I will pass these along to the product managers.   Can you elaborate on the ask to store ADM .wav in a container vs elementary asset?

Best,

Adam 

Login to post a comment