Start a new topic
Solved

Protools 2019.12 and Dolby Audio Bridge 32 tracks only

I can not seem to get above the Old limit of 32 pathways between PT and DAPS using the Dolby Audio bridge.

Understand I should be able to get the entire 130 as of 2019.10. I went straight to 2019.12 and skipped 2019.10

Running High Sierra

32G ram

6core i7 6800k

Avid HDX

PT ultimate 2019.12

thanks

I've reported this on the Avid developer forum.

1 person likes this

Who would have guessed that randomly clicking things would work out?

Happy that my question has helped others.

and I agree with the question - why would that simple reference limit the data to 32 tracks? it would seem to be simply an ip address.

Have fun mixing everyone

Richard

Hey guys, thanks for being so responsive.  We were looking in all the right places.  I guess this means that sometimes you should look in the "wrong" places.  I've just loaded a large session and now I have all of my objects back.

super strange. it's only with "LOCALHOST". 

"localhost" works just fine here. 

Looks an awful lot like a bug, great catch Richard. 

Wow you're right, I just changed to LOCALHOST and sure enough it reduces it to 32 Channels. I'll check with AVID if this is intentional. Thanks for the solution.

Dang Richard.  You're a genius!  Worked for me too.  Sometime back, I'd typed in LOCALHOST.  I played with the dropdown and found cheesegrater.local.  That seems to work.  But why in the world would even 32 channels have worked before?

@Richard great news! @Michael very much with the Bridge.

Hi Everyone

Problem Solved

Thanks for the help

the problem was metadata. I simply reset the ethernet ip address in the peripherals dialog and voila all objects are now working.

I had manually typed in LOCALHOST. when I used the dropdown menu instead it suggested (my computer).local

thanks for the assistance

Richard

I also knocked the Renderer and Session down to 24FPS, but it made no difference.

Here's the Bus Page and the Output Page

Output.png
(137 KB)
Bus Page.png
(152 KB)

could you check that your IO Setup -> Bus page has all the objects mapped correctly? Sounds like Objects 11-32 might be connected to the renderer but 33+ are not. 

And FWIW, driver and Rednet settings...

Driver.png
(66.5 KB)

And Fin, your MacBook mix was with the Bridge?  I've had no trouble with lots of objects using Send/Return.

Hi Ceri,

Fancy meeting you here.  I've attached a screen grab.  You can see that I've got signal generators on 31-32 and 33-34.  Protools shows signal in both.  But the renderer doesn't see the input from the second pair.  I can drag the signal generator from track to track.  Always works in obj 32 and below.  Doesn't work above 32.  I created the session off the Dolby template.

by the way, that mix sounds awesome :)

Login to post a comment