Start a new topic
Solved

HD Native playback missed order

Hi, I'm trying to remix a 7.1 short movie into Atmos using Dolby Atmos Renderer. I'm using my Dolby Audio Bridge in Protools and HD Native as output device connected to my Avid HD Omni (7.1) and Avid 192 I/O for top ceiling speakers. I'm using SMPTE surround order in my 7.1 session (L-R-C-LFE-LSS-RSS-LSR-RSR), I/O output match HD Omni D25 output (1-8). Once I switch to Dolby Audio Bridge in PT and monitor via HD Native it swap my channels, although I check with signal generator and signal coming ok on every single channel in Dolby Atmos Renderer (1-10), HD Native outputs wrong on my D25. Right channel (2) outputs on D25 channel 3  (Center speaker), Center outputs on channel 2 (Right Front speaker), LFE outputs on chn 5, LSS outputs on D25 chn 6, RSS on D25 chan 7, LSR on D25 chn 8, RSR on D25 chn 4 (LFE speaker). It seems like it works as Pro Tools standard Film mode   

(L-C-R_LS-RS-LSR-RSR-LFE). Anyone with this issue?

Thanks

I forgot you have Routing tab in Room setup window to deal with this matters.

Hi Antonio,

Are you having success with this workflow?

Can you route the height channels from your 192 when using Audio Bridge and

the HD Native core audio driver.

I'm trying to do a similar thing with an 8x8x8 and a 192 and its not seeing the 192 at all in core audio.

Thanks

Martin

Hi, I did indeed. Just be aware to setup the routing in Dolby Renderer. I have my 7.1 SMPTE outputs (1-8) to HD Omni, then jump to outputs 11-14 for height channels on 192, cause 9-10 are using for the CUE on HD Omni I think. I have my HD Native connected to HD Omni primary port and 192 on HD Omni Expansion Port. 

Hope it helps! 

Ah, great!

I have my 192 on the second HD Native output rather than the expansion port.

I'll try your method instead.

I had Atmos set up using the first 8 AES and the 4 height as analogue on my 8x8x8 with the send return plugins.

But this doesn't seem to work with core audio and the DAB. The HD Native core audio driver only sees the 8x8x8 as an 8 channel interface. ;-(

Thanks for the help!

Login to post a comment