Start a new topic

Is there any API for Dolby Atmos Renderer available?

Just wanted to know if there is access to the underlying API of the Renderer to be able to control de software from Soundflow.

Thanks

Hi Ivan - no, there isn't currently an available API to control the renderer.  I'm curious, what commands would you be looking to control with Soundflow?  Several commands do have keyboard shortcuts which can be programmed, but wondering what other workflows you would be looking to complete? 

Thanks

David

Thanks for the quick reply David!

I'm particularly looking to be able to control the monitoring section (attenuation level, Dim, Mute). Also being able to mute speakers individually without using the mouse.

Thanks

1 person likes this

Good to know, thanks.  There are a few areas we are investigating so this is good info.

1 person likes this

You're welcome! Please let me know if I can help, I'm very interested in this since it would be good to avoid having to go between Pro Tools and Dolby Renderer several times during the mix.

Thanks

Also, I'm in touch with Christian Scheuer from SoundFlow and he says he would be available if you guys need to have a conversation about it. He said they have many requests about adding support for this.

Thanks

Login to post a comment