Start a new topic

HOW TO MIX IN DOLBY ATMOS USING PRO TOOLS ULTIMATE ON A WINDOWS 10 PC WITHOUTH HAVING A DEDICATED RMU

HI, i have a windows single windows 10pc and purchased pro tools ultimate. i want to start dolby atmos mixes in it. But i don't have macOS to run Dolby atmos production suite and also i dont have multiple cpus to run dolby atmos mastering suite. Dolby says a dolby atmos rendered must be connected with a dedicated dolby atmos music panner to a pro tools ultimate and best practice should be done on a mac os. So is these any possibility for me to mix in dolby atmos using native pro tools panner without a dolby atmos renderer on a windows 10?

Hi, to mix in Dolby Atmos you will need the Dolby Atmos renderer. Since the Dolby Atmos Production Suite (DAPS) is not currently supported on Windows, you will not be able to create Dolby Atmos mixes with ProTools running on a Windows system using DAPS. If you use an external RMU and have a provision of connecting your PT system to the RMU vis MADI or Dante then you can mix in Dolby Atmos but like you mentioned you do not currently have that provision.

ok sir....for this purpose i will be buying a mac book pro pc but it might take two months to arrive my new mac to start workflow with dolby atmos. But in meanwhile these still isn't any possible ways to complete my ongoing audio projects? Am i restricted to mix with Dolby atmos until my mac arrives? or at least can i do my audio post production  in Dolby digital plus 7.1 in pro tools ultimate windows 10 version as of now? and later import them as 7.1 beds in pro tools mac version to upscale them to x.y.2 objects in DAPS there?

Login to post a comment