Pro Tools 12.8 has integrated object and up-to 7.1.2 panning with native automation, but cannot master content for delivery and encoding without a Dolby Atmos Renderer (either the software-based renderer included in the Dolby Atmos Production Suite, or the hardware-based Dolby Atmos RMU).
The Dolby Atmos Production Suite is required if you…
- Want to master low-complexity Dolby Atmos home theater content
- Want to output re-renders
- Want to use a speaker playback configuration larger than 7.1.2
- Want to monitor over headphones using binaural rendering
- Want to produce VR content. VR metadata features are not integrated into the native Dolby Atmos panner.