The Dolby Atmos Conversion Tool v1.8 adds the following new features:
The full release notes are here.
- Support for converting from a 96 kHz .atmos master file set
- Updates to ADM BWF (.wav) master files to conform to ITU BS.2076-0
- Support of non-English master file names
- Improvements to frame-rate conversion ratios when the difference between the source and target frame rates is larger (for example, when converting from a source frame rate of 25 fps to a target frame rate of 23.976 fps)
- Improved user interface (UI) progress bar to show the status of a conversion.
- Support for Binaural render mode metadata, which is designed for use when content is being encoded as Dolby AC-4 immersive stereo.
- Support for Trim metadata, which is designed to provide better control of 5.1 and 7.1 encodes when Dolby Atmos content is rendered in a 5.1 or 7.1 playback environment.
- Changes to .xml (pmstitch):
- primary=”true” attribute in the source element sets which source master of a stitch workflow defines the metadata values to be used for all masters (for example, when stitching together masters that have different program-level metadata, such as .dbmd parameters).
- <start> and <end> now called <outputStart> and <outputEnd>, respectively, to better describe their function.
Note: <start> and <end> are still supported. Older .xml (pmstitch) files do not need to be updated.
- All .xml (pmstitch) example files updated with new commands, and act_stitch.xml now provides an example of stitching two different master files.
- Ability to trim the beginning and end of a Dolby Atmos master via an .xml (pmstitch) and change the frame rate during the same conversion
- Updates to Dolby Digital Plus segment parameters and values in a .dbmd metadata file:
- program_id removed.
- Command-line options removed from the Dolby Atmos Conversion Tool command-line application:
- --log_config arg
- --printmasterkeypath arg
- Mac installer now installs the command-line application, plus the example files and supporting files to nonhidden locations:
- Dolby Atmos Conversion Tool command-line application (/Applications/Dolby/Dolby Atmos Conversion Tool/).
To navigate to the program in your command-line program, type cd "/Applications/Dolby/Dolby Atmos Conversion Tool/".
- Example .xml files, home theater masters, and the demo script (run_act_examples.sh): /
Applications/Dolby/Dolby Atmos Conversion Tool/Examples.